All networks are susceptible to problems that affect communications. A consequence of fiber optic systems’ high bandwidth, long distance capability and security is the extreme dependence of users on the non-stop operation of these systems.
Problems with the communications equipment that can cause outages:
- Problems in electrical power to the equipment
- Failures in incoming communications links to the communications equipment
- Failed communications modules in the equipment
- Connection problems to the cable plant (connectors or patch cords)
Here are some scenarios for cable plant damage that can cause outages:
- Underground cable damage from construction dig-ups or directional boring.
- Damage to utility poles in vehicle accidents affecting aerial cables.
- Breaking patch cords or connectors when doing moves, adds or changes.
- Getting connectors dirty or not cleaning dirty connectors properly.
Contact us for professional cable traffic restoration services in Kenya